Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Bullying

Dear Viewers,
          Have you ever been bullied? It hurts doesn't it? Have you guys ever heard of Megan Meier? She hung herself 3 weeks before her 14th birthday. People were making fun of her, and a "boy" on MySpace. It was really a family who's daughter Megan used to be friends with, until they had a fight. The mother made the fake MySpace page, and when "Josh" gained Megan's trust, he started being mean to her. When the kids at  school found out, they all posted mean things about Megan, and Megan got really upset. Around an hour later, Megan's parents found Megan in her closet. She had hung herself. The worst part is, the adult responsible faced almost no punishment. Now, at least most states in the US have laws against this. If you want to find out more about Megan Meier, go to http://www.meganmeierfoundation.org/megansStory.php.
                                                                                                                                         -Lizzy

11 comments:

  1. Mr.McMullen bullied us in his class. I found a blog that tells about it. wydownwriter.blogspot.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lizzy, how did you get that font? when I post I can only get like 5 different fonts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I learned about Megan in Health class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i learned about her in health too! (unfortunately, i took it 1Q). really sad ;(

      Delete
  4. Nick, I went to design, then customize, then advanced, then fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy I know who you are, so you know who I am just know I was in Ms. Crowleys class last year and worked with Angie on a math thing. I'll try and tell you at school tomorrow. PS thanks for the font tip and don't tell Mr.McMullen if you look at my blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was in Ms.Crowley's class too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can't just use my name like that, Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sad. I read about it in Scholastic News and got really depressed. I can't believe people would do things like this.

    ReplyDelete